Monday, August 15, 2011

Stupid Lazy Dinner

Sometimes, I just don't freaking feel like it. But, I'd much rather cook something at home than spring for take out (I am as cheap as I am lazy) so, it helps to have some super simple recipes on-hand.

I think I spent maybe 5 minutes of hands-on time making this, and everyone in the house raved about it.

Tomato Bean Thing
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can generic RoTel
  • 1 can hominy, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • glug of olive oil
  • couple of teaspoons of cumin seeds
  • couple grinds fresh pepper

Drop it all in a pan and cook over medium heat until the celery is crisp-tender.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! Is it a mexican or indian dish! I love to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican-influenced, I guess? It is pretty good, especially for the tiny bit of effort required. I usually serve it with tortillas or over rice.

    ReplyDelete