Friday, August 26, 2011

Restaurant Review - Ozona Blue

One of the things I love about the marina where we keep our boat is the little restaurant across the canal. They have live music a few nights a week, and I enjoy sitting on the deck of the boat with a beer or a glass of wine taking advantage of the free sounds.

The restaurant is pretty pricey, but in a uniquely Floridian way. I can't think of many other places where sweaty folks in cut offs can buy a dry aged steak for lunch. The food is high end, but the atmosphere is decidedly casual.

Simon and I went there today to grab a quick bite after sanding the finish on the boat. As ever, we were very happy with what we got.





It's not a place for microbrews, but, there are a couple decent macrobrews on the menu. I grabbed an Ozona Lager, which is actually Budweiser American Red in disguise. Simon had a Yeungling.

One of the best things on the menu here is also the cheapest. Their seafood gumbo is one of the best I've had, anywhere. It's mildly spicy, and has a generous portion of firm and flavorful fish, shrimp and scallops.



I also ordered a dish I was trying for the first time, the Atlantic Salmon Flatbread:

They make the flatbread in-house, and cover it with smoked salmon, feta, capers, onion and sour cream. The texture of the bread was nice and crispy. The salmon perfectly set off by the capers and onions. I'm not crazy about the appearance of the sour cream squiggles across the top, but, other than that, this is a great dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment