Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pimento Cheese, Like Revenge, Is a Dish Best Served Cold

I'm heading to a friend's house tonight for a beer tasting and bringing this epic crab mac and cheese. I remembered right as I was leaving the store that her boyfriend is gluten intolerant, though! No crab mac for him.

To make sure that he can enjoy the crabby, cheesy goodness, I am setting aside some of the crab and cheese to make the world's most high falutin' pimento cheese.

Pimento cheese is super easy, pretty trashy, and just plain good. Here's a recipe for the one I'm bringing tonight:

1/2 cup gruyere, grated
1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 clove garlic, grated
1/4 crab meat
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
serious grind of black pepper

Mix it all together and refrigerate. It is best to make pimento cheese the day before, so the flavors have time to blend. And, yes, pimento cheese usually has pimentos, or another red pepper. I'm out of those, so, I figure the crab is an adequate stand-in. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment